Friday 20 November 2015

A school essay - the best recommendation for a book

What is the best recommendation for a book? What makes you buy or borrow it? A review? Number one on the best-seller list in New York Times? A colourful cover? Whatever works for you, I think there is no better prize for any author than the recommendation of an 11-year-old. 





And I got one. Here's the message I received from my niece, Amelia: "Hi, auntie. :) Thanks for a cool book and dedicating it to us. :) We have a literature assignment at school and we need to review an extra book [in addition to compulsory reading]. I'll write about Qwerty, about each part separately :)" This was about two of my books: "Qwerty: The History" and "Qwerty: Lost in Time". And I felt like I won a Pulitzer. Or a Nobel prize in literature.


You see, I have three nieces, my A-Team: Amelia, Alexandra and Anna. They're fantastic and I love them to bits, but Amelia is special to me, because she reminds me of myself, when I was her age. She has curly hair and is a true book worm. I dedicated the second part of Qwerty's adventures to them.

If I ever had any doubts whether writing is worth my time, they would all be gone the moment I read her message. My 11-year-old niece will be writing a school essay about my books. Wow!

Not everyone will like my stuff. But I don't really need everyone's approval. I already have Amelia's.



"Qwerty: The History" is now AVAILABLE ON AMAZON.

No comments:

Post a Comment