Sunday 15 November 2015

Huck the Cat's Diary - inspiration (Huck is real)

Are you a cat person? Do cats scratch their way straight to your heart by doing all the cute and silly stuff cats normally do? Do you enjoy watching them watching you? If so, read on. People who rent their houses to cats will totally get the story I'm about to tell. 



It was the end of 2012 - cold, wet, English winter. I found that kitty on the Internet - black, with a funny look about him. I decided I wanted him and the next day Huckleberry came to our house, to his own, fluffy pillow.

Huck on his pillow - see of you can spot him...
I had some time to watch him carefully - his love for rolling pencils and cardboard boxes became obvious straight away. And so did his character. Huck was an adventurous kitty, curious like... well, like a cat, and very opinionated. If he didn't want to be held, he wouldn't be held. Period.

Huckleberry
Huck waking up from his little nap
Observing all his hilariousness, including his reaction to himself in the mirror (ready to attack the nasty intruder...), an idea started growing in my useless brain...

Around that time I also noticed a meme circling around the Internet. It consisted of two sections (some of you may remember it): one was about a dog, with everything being his favourite things. The second was cat's - plotting to get out of prison and dominate the humans. A version of it can be seen below:


Add two and two and there you have it: a cat's diary was created; a diary highly entertaining for cat owners and perhaps a bit funny for dog people.

I had a lot of fun writing it and I hope you'll have just as much fun reading it. But I feel I must issue a warning: please, be careful; the book may prove offensive to mice...


Huck's diary, also called "It's a cat life" is now available on Amazon (UK HERE / US HERE). I originally published it under the pen-name of "Monica Shostek".

Cattitude? Sure, I have it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment