Friday 13 November 2015

My readers are angry with me

The download statistics tell me that at least 200 people so far have read my books. This doesn't quite make Qwerty series a bestseller, especially that people can get my writing for free (although watch this space, you never know; I'm terribly persistent...), but such result I have never dreamed of. It's quite a crowd when you want to fit a couple of hundred people into your living room, unless you live in a chateau. Unfortunately, most of them are angry with me. 


I am repeatedly told two things: a) that my books have spelling mistakes (although those I've been eliminating with a fairly good result, even though it's been a process; those of you who have read this blog before may know how I love proofreading - see HERE); b) that I leave them hanging at the end of the book. "It just ended," I hear. "I'd like to read the next part," they then add.

You see, none of my books lead to some strange climax, like Voldemort striking always at the end of the academic year (perhaps he feels particularly murderous in the late spring). Qwerty's story is about a teenager's life, with extraordinary events thrown in, which may not seem that extraordinary at first. Some matter more, others - much less. Such is life, ladies and gentlemen, you never know what the consequences can be. One thing you do know, however, is that there will be some and sometimes a butterfly wing can cause a hurricane. Action-reaction. Always. But you need to wait for the events to play out.

Spring has arrived. Time to attempt Harry's murder.
For that reason, my readers tell me - between the lines - that I am annoying and my novels have no proper closure. But then they want to know what's next. It stays with them. They remember the unfinished, they wonder about it, and that is exactly how I want you: wondering. I know very well how irritating it can be - like when your favourite series ends with a big X and you have to wait another six months for them to release the next one. But you actually WAIT.

So apologies for getting on your nerves. *wink, wink*


No comments:

Post a Comment