Tuesday 3 November 2015

Who am I? - a person behind words

I should have started this blog with a little introduction, but I generally don't like talking about myself. No, rewind. I do, like all of us. But no one really cares about that, because everyone is more concerned about their own person, with some attention directed at their children, when they're still small and cute. So I decided to skip introductions. But then I was told that it could be good to drop a line or two, as a self-published author and all. To make people like me. I doubt this post will help, since maybe twenty people will read it and I'm not particularly likable or special anyway, but if it's necessary...

My books and I

So here goes. I like good cars. My dream vehicle is a 1970s black vintage Jaguar. I can imagine myself driving it through English/Welsh countryside, with my hair messed up by the wind like a haystack after a tornado. It would put a smile on my face, though. 

That's my baby. Jag E-Type. Although I wouldn't mind an open top.

My favourite holiday destination is Spain. I love it. It has good infrastructure, great weather, friendly people and fantastic food. Not to mention the views. It's like being dipped in a warm cloud of prawn-filled heaven of paella. Yes, please. 

This is the actual paella I ate all on my own on Feurteventura Island, Canarias, Spain
I like chocolate, too. I'd have really hard time choosing between this sweet melting delight and sex. If I could only have one in life, having to give up the other... I don't know. I just don't know. 

The best US sitcom ever, in my opinion, is "Modern Family". I can watch it over and over again, often during meals, which is supposed to be unhealthy and low, but screw it. Only today I devoured three dark rye Ryvitas with tomato and cress watching series six. Then I had some cheesecake, snorting at Cam's "Where's Waldo?" troubles. 


Do spiders scare you? If so, we have something in common. When I was working out on my stepper (after that cheesecake), I watched one behind the window. It caught a fly and was killing it while I was looking. I couldn't help the poor insect, but then I don't like flies much, either... The point is, spiders are nasty killers who trap their victims and live mostly alone. And they move funny. Bleurgh.


What else, what else? Oh, yeah. I'm a translator. English is not my first language, although it is kinda close, because I learnt some of it while I was a kid and spent half of my life in England. I'm using my linguistic skills to convey the messages between the nations, which comes down to a lot of boring stuff about screws, actuators and various business contracts. Although, mind you, today I did a piece on vegetables. I had to research topping plants and the only results Google was giving me was how to make marijuana grow well.

That's what I do for money - translating. My hobby is writing. But I do take it very seriously. You'll see...


No comments:

Post a Comment